Tuesday, June 2, 2015


May 31, 2015

Arenal Volcano and La Fortuna

Wow, I can’t believe it is almost June and we only have 6 more days left of our trip. It is bittersweet. I’m excited to go home but I love it here! This weekend we got to go to Arenal Volcano and La Fortuna. The road up to Arenal was gravel for 2 hours. I felt sick but it was worth it because the view was so beautiful. There were huge windmills up on top of the mountains. When we got to Arenal Volcano, I was amazed. When I think of a volcano, this was the exact picture I had in my head. The lava field reminded me of Yellowstone National Park. It was very similar. I think it will be important for me to show my students different types of volcanoes to compare and contrast. Volcanoes come in different shapes and sizes. Next, we went to La Fortuna. From the lookout point the waterfall didn’t look very impressive, but when we walked to the base of the waterfall it was incredible. It had just rained so the falls were bigger than normal. The color was a bright blue and people were swimming. Like I’ve said for so many things I have seen in Costa Rica, words can’t describe how beautiful it was. I am most excited about showing my students these picture. I could teach them about the water cycle or different bodies of water. There are some many concepts I could teach my students with these pictures. I think showing them pictures of my trip will spark an interest in learning. It will make the learning topics personal.

Windmills in the Montains

Arenal Volcano

La Fortuna

No comments:

Post a Comment