Sunday, June 7, 2015


 
June 4, 2015
Time Flies
What?? Is it already time to leave? I cannot believe that our trip is coming to an end. I feel like I have only been here for a few days. I am sad to go. This trip has been more than I ever expected it to be. Our last day we got to go zip lining. It was a blast and an awesome way to end our trip. Today was my last day in Spanish. I have come so far from the beginning. I believe most of my motivation for learning Spanish came from the need of using Spanish to talk with my family. Spanish was so hard for me in the US because I never needed to use it. Spanish had no purpose to me besides getting a good grade. I must create the same need for ELLs coming into my classroom. If I can make the content relevant to the students wants and needs then I know they will learn quicker. At the end of the day, CPI held a small graduation ceremony for our accomplishments in Spanish. Even though it was small, it meant a lot to me. As a future education, I need to remember how great it feels to be praised. I think praising students for even small gains is important to recognize all their improvements and encourage them to keep growing. Spanish class not only taught me Spanish but it taught me how to implement valuable teaching strategies I can use in my own classroom.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment