Tuesday, June 2, 2015


May 29,2015

Making a Difference

On Monday at the school, we noticed that the student’s play area was in bad shape. There was trash everywhere including dangerous things like broken boards. We really wanted to help fix it up for the students. We were able to gather some supplies to fix the playground area for the children. It was hard work but totally worth it. We cleaned up all the trash, weeded the garden, and planted flowers. I feel like we really made a difference today. I am so glad we had the opportunity to make this school a safer environment for the children. This is exactly the kind of thing I want to continue doing to make a difference in my own community. When the students saw their new playground area, they were so excited. It was an awesome experience. I felt very attached to the students I worked with this week. The school had almost nothing but the students didn’t care. This was their life and they know nothing different. They do not feel sorry for themselves. They love simply and find joy in each other. I believe that I lose that sometimes. We are very materialistic in the U.S. and measure people’s happiness by the things they have.



No comments:

Post a Comment