Friday, May 29, 2015


May 24, 2015

Meeting My New Family

We drove up the curvy roads to Monte Verde. I could not believe my eyes when I was looking over the mountains to the coast. I think I’m going to like it here. It is much cooler than Manuel Antonio and San Joaquin. I just met my host family. They all hugged me as I came in. They are all girls and one little boy. The little boy is six and he knows a little English. He sat down next to me while I was looking though my photos and starting saying colors in English. It was fun to see him learning. He had a big smile on his face as he showed off his skills to me. I have had a great first impression of my family. The house is nice and clean. I feel more comfortable here than at my other house in San Joaquin. I have a family of girls at home so I’m used to being around a lot of women. This place makes me feel at ease. I have noticed that I feel more comfortable when I’m around people that remind me of home. I can see why children tend to hang out with others that are like them. I want to ask so many questions but they don’t speak English.  There are so many things I want to know about them. It’s hard not being able to communicate much. My room looks comforting. I’m excited about starting my adventures in Monte Verde.

 


Monte Verde

 

No comments:

Post a Comment